Last updated: February 24, 2022
This Policy covers your access to this Site. Our Site is not directed to and is not intended for access and use by persons under the age of 18. We do not intentionally collect or use Personal Data from users that we have reason to believe are under the age of 18.
2. PERSONAL DATA
The type of Personal Data (defined below) and Other Data (also defined below) we collect depends on how you interact with this Site. Generally, we gather Personal Data and Other Data as described below.
Personal data is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you, e.g., your name, email address, address, usage data, phone numbers, and unique device identifiers (“Personal Data”). We may need to collect and process Personal Data in order to provide requested information, programs or Services to you (including this Site) or because we are legally required to do so.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Data (e.g., political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through this Site or otherwise to us.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Nevada Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) will not charge you for housing counseling or processing services. Nevada HAF Center will collect and record nonpublic personal information. We will not sell your personal information to anyone; however, we may share the information you give us today, and any other information about you that we obtain, with the U.S. Department of the Treasury, any organizations and companies that own, insure, guarantee, or service your first lien mortgage loan, companies that perform support services in conjunction with the Nevada HAF, and counselors for a HUD-approved counseling agency. Any information shared with the Nevada HAF will be used to evaluate your request for assistance.
Our primary goal in collecting, using, and sharing your information is to enhance and improve our services. To that end, we will only use Personal Data for legitimate business purposes, including the following:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Data about you (a) to deliver programs and services to you, (b) provide you with information about programs and services you’ve signed up for or requested more information about, (c) for internal research and development purposes, (d) when it is necessary for employees, agents and contractors to operate or maintain this Site or to correct a technical problem, (e) to detect and prevent fraud and abuse to ensure the security and protection of all customers and others, such as to verify the existence or condition of your account; (f) to comply with the law and our legal obligations, including to respond to a request or order from a court, regulator, or government authority; and (g) to effectuate the sale, merger, acquisition, or other disposition of our assets or business (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). We will engage in these activities to manage our relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Other Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Data about you for other business purposes, such as data analysis (for example, to improve the efficiency of our Site), editorial and feedback purposes, providing customer support, customizing and improving the content and layout of this Site, completing business transactions (for example, to confirm content requested is received by users), statistical analysis of user behavior (for example, to understand what parts of this Site are of most interest to users), program development, administering individual accounts, and meeting government regulatory requirements such as audits, etc. We may also use Personal Data of journalist/media contacts for press release distribution or sharing other newsworthy developments related to our activities. We engage in these activities to manage our relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
We may disclose Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may provide Personal Data to third-party service providers, who provide services to us, including but not limited to, data analysis and other services.
- Assignment. We may disclose or transfer any and all Personal Data that we collect to an affiliated entity or a third party (and their respective advisors) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER DATA
Our service providers and we may also collect and use the following types of data, referred to in this Policy as “Other Data”:
- Monitoring Data. Our service providers and we may collect and/or track other information such as demographic information, domain names, computer type, browser types, screen resolution, and other statistical data involving the use of this Site (“Monitoring Data”). We use Monitoring Data to help us understand who uses this Site and to improve it, as well as our other websites and services. Unless combined with Personal Data, Monitoring Data does not personally identify you or any other user, and we may use it for any purpose.
- Aggregated Data. We may aggregate Personal Data in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of this Site, for example, by using information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information may also be used for any purpose.
- Strictly Necessary. These include cookies that are required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “forms” for functionality.
- Analytics and Performance. Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our Site, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our Site functions and to understand how users interact with our Sites.
- Functionality. These cookies are used to store preferences set by users, such as account name and language.
- Security. We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
- IP Addresses. When you visit and interact with this Site, we and our third-party service providers may collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit this Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use IP addresses to understand how this Site is used by our users, to improve this Site and to enhance user experience of this Site. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We may store your Personal Data. This information is retained and used in accordance with existing laws, rules, regulations, and other policies.
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your Personal Data. Personal Data is stored on our server and is not publicly accessible. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we take reasonable precautions and have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All your Personal Data is encrypted in transit to/from our servers and encrypted at rest when stored on our servers. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. We are not responsible for any breach of its security or for the actions of any third parties that may obtain any Personal Data. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate security for or otherwise interfering with the operation of this Site. We do not make, and expressly disclaim, any representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the security or integrity of this Site and your Personal Data.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem immediately by sending an email to [email protected]
6. DATA INTEGRITY
We will use Personal Data only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected, authorized by this Policy, or authorized by you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is relevant to its intended use, and is accurate, complete, and current (as provided by you). We depend on you to update or correct your Personal Data whenever necessary.
By visiting our Site, you expressly consent to the collection and use by us of Personal Data according to this Policy.
Use of this Site is governed by United States law and the laws of the State of Nevada. If you are accessing this Site or Services from a physical location outside of the State of Nevada or the United States with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that are different from United States laws, you agree that by accessing this Site, you are transferring your Personal Data and Other Data to the United States and you consent to the application of the laws of the United States and the State of Nevada with respect to use of this Site and Services and any dispute regarding this Site or this Policy.
If any provision of this Policy is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with any applicable law, the validity of the remaining portions or provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of this Site, please feel free to contact us at (888)320-6526 or [email protected]
11. NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS